Interesting facts about FIFA World Cup Trophy
The FIFA World Cup is a gold trophy, awarded to the winners of the FIFA World Cup. The Jules Rimet Trophy from 1930 to 1970, and the FIFA World Cup Trophy from 1974 to the present day are the two trophies have represented victory since 1930. In 1983 The Jules Rimet Trophy was stolen and never recovered. The FIFA World Cup Trophy was the replacement Trophy of Jules Rimet. It was first used in 1974. Here are few interesting facts about FIFA world cup trophies and shields
FIFA world cup trophies made up of:
The FIFA world cup trophies are made of 18-carat gold with a malachite base. This depicts two human figures holding up the Earth. The current holder of the trophy is France, who won the world cup in 2018. The FIFA World Cup winners retain the trophy until the next tournament.
The new FIFA trophy is 36 cm high, made of solid 18-carat gold. It weighs 6175 grammes. The base of the trophy contains two layers of semi-precious malachite while the bottom side of the Trophy bears the engraved year and name of each FIFA World Cup winner since 1974.
How much is FIFA World Cup trophy worth
Silvio Gazzaniga is an Italian artist who created The World Cup trophy. In today’s time, the net worth of the world cup trophy is estimated to be $20 million, according to the USA.
This trophy was first designed and crafted by Gazzaniga in 1974, the same trophy is awarded to the FIFA World Cup-winning team every four years.
Making of FIFA world cup
Most sports shields and trophies follow the same procedures but not the same style and design.
- After designing, the style the body of the cup is removed from the foundry. By using die grinders they removed excess metal as the finished product continues to take shape.
- After the die grinders come to the detailed work. The manual chiselling with hammers and chisels serves to refine and complete the finish.
- The cup gets more refinement in the polishing process, and the brass itself finally starts to look like the shimmering finished product.
- Now the cup goes through an ultrasonic degreasing bath where the cup receives an intense cleaning. Most designers use custom made shields for protecting the coating for best results.
- This is the final stage, the cup is now golden, is then dried, marking the end of the galvanic phase. The varnish guarantees that the brass has a remarkable shine and is preserved.
- The Italian company is also the provider of every FIFA tournament’s official medals as well as many other sports shields trophies. This types of trophies stay strong than glass shields design. Because they are chances for glass shields design to break anytime is falls.
Thus, these are the produces taken place in making of FIFA world cup trophy. Many designers have been inspired by looking at the working of the FIFA world cup trophies and have already started practice session to make more such best trophies.